Sunday, October 9, 2011

Battle Royale meets Kore wa Zombie desu ka?

Ok-kay, so... Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai!! is...ridiculous? Ridiculously funny?

Based on the first episode, I can't say if it's horribly cliched or making fun of horrible cliches. You know how difficult it is to tell the different with Japanese ideas of spoof - take Kore wa Zombie desu ka?, that was so darn hilarious in parts that mocked the mahou shoujo and harem cliches, and then got perplexingly bad when it forgot it was supposed to be making fun of itself and started its ~ srs bzns~ thingie (and I mean the other zombie plotline and the second vampire ninja gone all wifey)

So far apart from the romantic plotline I didn't really get (are they or are they not siblings? why do they call her onee-sama?) nor did I appreciate much, they had this grand Battle Royale-meets-Kore wa Zombie style all-out war between classes, and so many stereotypes are players in the game - eyepatch and bondage girls! ninja maids! evil kimono girls! smartass strategist boys! yankee boys! ridiculously-named finishing moves! ninja ma..I mentioned these already, didn't I? At some points I was laughing out loud, forgetting to look for common sense, and at times I was so perplexed that I was tempted to turn it off.

Did anyone else see it? Cuz I'd like to hear what you make of it. As for me, I'll reserve my final judgement until a coupla more episodes are out.

No comments:

Post a Comment